Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year was my first Thanksgiving away from home. Not saying that I didnt miss my family (cause I did) but I had a great time. I ended up going to Hamilton, Montana to spend Thanksgiving with my friend Bry and her family. My roommate Courtney went as well. We had a good time hanging out and eating real food for four days. The drive there was a little scary, we fish tailed quite a bit through the icy roads, but we made it safe and sound after five hours. On Thanksgiving we made a bonfire in the snow in Bry's backyard, it was nice and toasty and fun. On friday we were crazy enough to leave the house at 4am and go to Missoula to shop for Black Friday. We were there for about ten hours, it was such a long day. That night we went bowling, we all played horribly, but that was fun as well. We then stayed up til 3am so that we were up for 24 hours. Saturday we lounged around and watched movies and then went to the movie Burlesque at night, that was such a good movie. Definately worth seeing, the music was excellent and it was just all around a really good movie. On the way home on Sunday it snowed just about the entire way. Right before we got to our Great Falls exit the truck in front of us spun out and landed in the ditch, the road was a solid sheet of ice or we were gonna stop and help, but we made it back safe. In all, although I missed my family, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with good friends and great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment