Monday, September 13, 2010

Float Trip

We have a class we have to take called Corp of Discovery. For this class they want us to 'find ourselves'. We meet once a week, the president of the college is my instructor, and talk about things such as what characteristics make for a happy life. This class is based on points, each semester we have to gain enough points and then we get the credits. To get points we do activities like the bonfire, the hypnotist, and yesterday we did a float trip. We drove about an hour out of great falls and hopped into rafts on the Missouri River. It was a lot of fun. Our raft had five people in in (which was the least amount...we definately needed more) and we rafted for five miles (about three hours). Each raft had water guns and buckets and we would get close to the other rafts and it was war. With about one mile left we stopped on the side of the river and climbed up this rock to the top of a cliff. I was so scared. I am scared of heights and rivers, but I had to conquer my fears and jump! I went first because everyone else was too scared, I could see rocks down below and my legs were shaking so bad. I said a quick prayer and counted 1-2-3 and jumped into the frigid water. I was so glad that I did it. That was the best part of the whole experience. For the last mile we just stopped paddling and let the current take us. I sat on the front edge of the raft and enjoyed the view. It was the most relaxing thing ever. By the end of the trip I was known as Huck (Huckleberry Finn).

No comments:

Post a Comment