Friday, March 4, 2011

A Trip to Remember

Yesterday after classes, Meghan drove up from Helena to pick me up and we started our trip home. Everything was going good, I had snacks and energy drinks (yes, thats important for a twelve hour drive home). Everything was going good, until somewhere on I-90 when we hear a pop. Meghan thought it was a flat so we pulled over to see what was up. Unfortunately we werent that lucky, it was the radiator. Anti-freeze was pouring out the bottom of the car, there was no chance that we could keep driving. As my sister wass on the phone with my dad, I decided to run (yes, run down I-90) to the last sign that we passed, so that we could figure out where we were. I didnt expect that sign to be freaking mile away, I made it to the sign, looked back and realized the car was like an ant in the distance. Anyways, I found that we were only 3 miles from St. Regis (still in Montana). When I finally had ran back to the car, a guy had stopped (he saw a crazy running down the interstate and was so confused he stopped) and looking to see what the problem was. Thank the Lord, this guy was a kid that went to Carroll College with Meghan and she knew him. He towed us the three miles to St. Regis and after the power steering caused us to run off the road into a snow bank we finally made it to a gas station. We ended up leaving the car there and he gave us a ride to Ceour D'Alene. Meanwhile, my dad tried to drive to us in Ceour D'Alene, but couldnt even get past Snoqualmie pass. So Meghan and I got a room at Best Western and alas we are about twenty-four hours since I left Great Falls and still waiting for our dad to get to us. What a way to start Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment