Tuesday, January 18, 2011

West Yellowstone

This weekend I was invited by my roommate and her parents to tag along to go snowmobiling in Yellowstone National Park. We left on Friday and returned back at UGF on Monday. We spent all of Saturday with a guide and ten snowmobiles in Yellowstone. That day we road a total of 96 miles. I didnt drive much, but when I finally did I drove us off the road. Our snowmobile was almost about to tip when I straightened out and we ended up about four feet from a tree. It was ok though because we got it out no problem. The coolest part of the whole trip was all the stuff we got to see. We rode about five feet from bison several times, which was so cool and we got to see these beautiful waterfalls and the geysers. On sunday we had the day all to ourselves. We jumped on the trails and rode all day long. We were lost for most of the day, but that was alright because every onve in awhile we would run into a map and kind of get an idea of where we were going. My roomies paretns got themselves stuck in the base of a tree in three feet of snow and it took us nearly a half an hour to pull them out. That was a good time for us to stop and get some cocoa and take a break. We looked real cute all bundled up in millions of layers and huge snow suits and helmets (which gave me a headache and hurt my ears). I had a good weekend and am very thankful for both my roommate Bry and her family and their willingness to welcome me into their family. This weekend will be one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment