Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elevators, Panic Attacks, and Basketball Games

This weekend has been crazy. My roommates grandmother died on Friday morning so this weekend my friend Bry and I decided to keep her distracted. Friday night we all went to the Basketball game. We won, however we only stayed for like a half hour of the game and went back to the dorms and watched the Devil Wears Prada. Saturday, Courtney (my roommate) and I went to this meeting called a Toastmaters Meeting. It was a two hour speech contest. The first hour was a humor speech contest and the second part was an impromptu speech contest. It was quite boring and I sat next to this man named Charlie who was a judge for the contest. He wanted to talk forever. At night we went to another basketball game. This game was an alumni game, we only stayed for a little bit of that one as well. We went back to the dorms and moved Bry to the first floor. That was the funniest thing that could have happened, hours of pure laughter. Bry has surgery on her leg in January so instead of having to go to the third floor to live she moved to the first floor, two doors from us. We packed the elevator (which is a sketchy elevator we are scared to take alone after we got stuck in it that one time) with all her stuff and filled her new room. There was pretty much nowhere to move. Trying to move all the furniture was the most entertaining thing. After about three hours we were almost done and i went under Bry's bed to lift it so she could fit her fridge under it. There was only a tiny corner of space and Bry went back there with me. I was crammed tight into the corner under her bed with Bry and I was having a major panic attack. I couldnt breathe and we were all hysterically laughing. Courtney was suffocating she was laughing so hard. When the bulk of the work was done we went to sonic to treat ourselves to milkshakes. In all I am pretty sure we did a good job distracting Courtney.

No comments:

Post a Comment